Even though I was disappointed today to find out that I would be on continued bed rest for at least another two weeks and possibly longer, my bestest reminded me of how blessed I am. I am so thankful for my Doctor whom I LOVE! She is making sure both the baby and I are healthy through this whole pregnancy. She is checking in on me frequently and making such an effort to do what is best for baby girl and not just what is convenient for her. I am so thankful for this precious life growing inside of me. I am so thankful for my selfless husband who has been my rock... he has taken on more cooking, cleaning and helping with Gigi ON TOP of working so hard every day to provide more than enough for our family. I am so thankful for my family who has been so supportive offering to come visit and bring meals and watch Gigi while I am on continued bed rest. I am beyond thankful for my circle of friends. These women have come into my life and they are such encouraging and inspiring godly wives and mothers. Not only do they come over to help clean and keep my and Gigi company but they continue to amaze me with their positive attitudes and giving hearts! Instead of being miserable and feeling defeated I am going to make this bed rest a great experience.
Thank you to everyone who have been helping our family during this time! We are once again going to hope for only two more weeks of bed rest... but we know that our baby will be safer and healthier if we have to finish this pregnancy on it.
**UPDATE**
We went to the Doctor today to check my progress and see what the next step would be. I continue to have a lot of painful contractions and the Dr. doesn't like how the baby's head is already down and moving into position. Praise the Lord the infection is starting to clear up so the bleeding has stopped!! but because of how my body is starting to show symptoms of pre-term labor she has placed me on and even more modified bed rest. At first I thought this meant I would be able to cook and clean and run errands, go to play group and go shopping FINALLY but apparently that is not what modified means :( I am so glad I had her clarify... no leaving the house, no cooking unless it is an easy quick meal, no cleaning unless I absolutely have to... and not for more than a couple of minutes. I have to sit sit sit. I can get up to go to the bathroom and get a snack but that is pretty much it. I need to drink lots of water and put my feet up... sooooo I am just going to be an oompa loompa (because of all the water I have to drink) that can't do anything :( Oh, and I can't use the stairs... looks like I will have to finagle some type of lift so I can get Gigi in and out of her room haha
Hoping these two weeks fly by! Thankfully I have some amazing friends and family who have offered to come help me out with Gigi while David is working.
.:. Truly Blessed .:.
Monday, July 19, 2010
So Thankful!
Posted by One Blessed Family at 1:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Sounds like you have lots of help! I hoe everything goes well. :*)
Post a Comment