Today Gracelyn and I took on the heat and drove to go visit Evy, Daniel, and baby Landon. Initially we were going to return a swing that they had let us borrow but we were having so much fun talking and watching the cousins play with each other that we actually ended up staying longer... it was so nice!!
Hanging out on the floor!
We would like to "think" she is trying to give him a kiss but really what you don't see is after we took this picture she tried to suck on his head... I am convinced that is her way of showing love. (Remember when she sucked on her cousin Hugh's arm in an older post) yup that is her love language!!
Another picture that looks so innocent... trying to get closer to Landon...but actually once she scooted close enough she grabbed her blanket out from under her poor cousin... sharing doesn't come easy when you are 5.5 months old and an only child :)
Overall, she didn't end up eating her baby cousin at all and they actually seemed to be very entertained by one another. Evy and I had a nice talk about everything baby and of course Gracelyn loved it when Uncle Daniel came out to play ... she smiled REAL big the whole time!!
We are so blessed to have family close and be close with them! Thank you Lord for so many wonderful sisters and brothers !!!
.....later this evening.....
Of course once we got home she started to get fussy again. Even after a wonderful dinner of oatmeal and carrots AND a bottle she was only happy in my arms. As much as I love that and treasure every moment spend holding this darling baby girl of mine, I needed both of my hands so I had to put her down.
First try... ah the highchair... no good she threw all of her toys off the tray and screamed significantly louder.
Second try... okay the exersaucer... also no good. She was so mad at me that she would ricochet off of it in every direction very fast and very out of control... for fear of rattling her poor brains I soon tried a third attempt.
The floor... she can't bounce off of anything... she can't throw anything and all she can do is rotate and scoot which she did very fast and still very out of control.
During the ENTIRE five minutes that I needed to finish writing down my grocery list she had managed to rotate twice COMPLETELY! while screaming and turning red. My goodness what a sight that was. I really thought I was beginning to see the attitude and sass... my, my, my teething really does turn the most angel babies into... well... not angels :)
Of course once I picked her up she was smiling and giggling ... that little stinker!!
She is now peacefully sleeping with one arm out of the crib rail. My little angel :)
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
A nice visit with the McDarbys!
Posted by One Blessed Family at 9:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment