Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend :)




While David was spending way too much time at work because of their system upgrade, he was so sweet to let me spend the entire three day weekend with some close friends at hotel. Originally Emily, Elyse and I had planned to take a trip to california... but because of our budget and of course Gracelyn we decided to have a "stay" cation at one of the nice resorts here in the valley. We were so blessed and so fortunate to get a room at the Marriott at Desert Ridge for a VERY VERY reasonable price :)
We spent most of the time in the amazing pools... floating down the lazy river and of course eating fantastic food :) Saturday Gracelyn hung out with us at the pool.. she didn't mind the cold water and LOVED the tube ride in the lazy river!

She fell asleep after she finished her bottle... she napped (in the shade) while us girls laid out and caught up :)


That evening night the three of us and Gracelyn went to Kona Grill for some sushi and avocado egg rolls!! Then my mom and Alyssa picked her up so that I could enjoy a weekend without baby duties! I was so sad to not have her with me for those long days and of course it was my very first time leaving her overnight... surprisingly I did okay but missed her terribly right before bed and of course waking up in the morning! We spent Sunday at the pool again.. laying out and lounging in the lazy river and then I snuck away to Ashlee and Tommy's Bon Voyage to Ireland. It was so good to see my hubby and baby girl again. They swam and we enjoyed some great watermelon margaritas that Tommy's mom made :) Tuckered out Gracelyn fell asleep on Grandpa... so sweet!







After the party Alyssa and I joined the girls back at the hotel for some jacuzzi time and of milkshakes from In and Out and decided to be crazy and head down to the jacuzzi wearing water bottles on our heads... surprisingly a lot of people were very intrigued and some even asked us to come back for a picture... we were being silly ACTING VERY young and just having fun .... blame it on the sprinkles cupcakes and milkshakes!


Monday ...more pool and Alyssa and Dan joined us at the lazy river :)

I had the best STAYCATION ever and I am so thankful for my wonderful close friends that made it so fun!!!!

2 comments:

Our Life said...

Now that I work at the nursery at church I can tell you for sure that Gracelyn is the size of the 9-12 month babies!

Ashley :) said...

Looks like you had a great time!!! What a fun girls get away.


;-) Ashley